DIY Star Wars Valentines11:56 PM
I was laying in bed the other night and this idea just popped into my head. I just couldn't help myself. When I told the kids, they freaked out with excitement. It had to be done. This is how I made the cutest glow stick Star Wars Valentines, and now you can too.
1. Dress your child up as a Jedi Youngling. I used muslin and a brown belt to get the job done.
This was seriously so fun. My son stayed in costume for the remainder of the day, and even zonked out on the couch before dinner in his Jedi attire. Ha. All that training can really wear a youngling out.
2. Have your child make believe they are holding a real light saber. My son really got into this. It isn't hard for him to pretend the force is with him. His pose kind of rocked my world. And my daughter, rocked her "Rey Hair."
3. Snap a pic
4. Edit/crop your pic. After editing my photos I added the text with my Rhonna Designs App, which I LOVE!
5. Print on Cardstock. Cut down to size.
6. Get some glow sticks. Zurchers is one of my go-to place for party supplies and things like glow sticks!
7. Use an X-acto knife to cut a small slit where the "light saber" can fit.
8. Stick that glow stick/light saber through that little slit, and PRESTO... you have a Valentine fit for any young Jedi.
I added a little tape on the back just to secure the light saber. (found at Target)
Pleased with the outcome I am!
Happy Happy Valentine's Day!!
And for an extra treat - plan a trip to experience Season of the Force at the Disneyland resort where your little ones can test their lightsaber skills at an all new immersive show in Tommorrowland! We highly recommend using Get Away Today to book your vacation. They are the leader in Disneyland vacations and they offer great deals such as:
- The best prices on hotels with free parking and free breakfast
- Free gifts with package purchases
- Discounted ticket prices
Use our promo code DIYDIVAS to receive an extra $10 off any 2-night or longer Sounthern California package (hotel and two ticket minimum).