DIY: Simple Halloween Wreath12:42 PM
All the supplies that I used for this project were things that I already had. I love a free project!
If you don't have the supplies lying around the house, here is what you need...
* Wreath frame
* Black paint or black spray paint (Spray paint would be totally AWESOME)
* About 2 ft of ribbon
* Fabric of your liking (I used black, dark green, gold tulle, mustard yellow felt, and gold fabric...All of which were just scraps)
* Thread and a needle
* Hot Glue Gun
* Paint wreath frame black
* While the frame is drying make your fabric flowers.
* Cut different sized circles of each fabric. Stack the different fabric circles from biggest to smallest.
I varied each stack of circles. I made some with tulle, while some only had black and green fabric. Just have fun. Make each flower different.
(I cut these circles free-handed. If cutting circles isn't your cup of tea, simple get different sized glasses, or jars and trace that circle onto the fabric and then cut.)
* Fold your stacked circles into a taco, and sew with your needle and thread.
* Now that the circles are secure and sewn, bunch up the fabric a bit, and make it look like a flower. Hold the bottom point tightly and begin sewing the fabric again.
* Tie a knot and cut the thread.
TaDa... a simple fabric flower.
I made a ton of these. Make as many as you like. The more you make the more full your wreath will be of coarse.
* Hot glue your flowers to the wreath. Twist the ribbon around the wreath and hot glue that to the wreath as well.
Don't forget to make a few flowers that are black, gold, and orange to add in.
Not bad for $FREE.99
Happy Halloween DIY Divas!!!